Luxury Detox Center Guide
By Midwest Detox Staff
You’ve probably heard of luxury detox facilities frequented by celebrities with substance abuse problems, but upscale detoxification isn’t only for the rich and famous. The truth is that everyone should be able to access high-end, luxury drug and alcohol detox. Why? Because detoxing from alcohol is a very difficult process, and comfort is of the utmost importance.
Fortunately, if you choose an addiction treatment detox program like Midwest Detox, you can get the luxury medical detox you deserve. And if you’re worried about the cost, many luxury clinics (including Midwest Detox) accept private or employer-sponsored insurance, which can greatly reduce your out-of-pocket expenses.
But before you begin your journey to sobriety in a luxury alcohol detox clinic, you probably have a few questions. For example, what makes one detox center more “luxurious” than the next? What kind of amenities can you expect at a luxury detox clinic? Will the differences help improve your chances of recovery? Finally, what kind of insurance do you need to pay for a luxury detox?
In today’s guide, we will answer all of these questions and more, but first, let’s look at what it really means to go to a luxury detox center:
What Is A Luxury Detox Center?
While there is no perfect definition of a “luxury” detox center, you often know one when you see it. Generally speaking, a luxury detox center is a facility that can provide drug and alcohol detoxification services in an upscale environment. While the primary focus will always be on your physical and mental well-being as you detox, there will also be a great deal of emphasis on your overall comfort and satisfaction with the care you receive. Rather than feeling like just another patient walking through the door, you will be made to feel as pampered as possible.
This is often the defining quality of a luxury detox center: comfort. At a public clinic, you may not feel like a distinct person. Instead, you’re just a number in a long line of people who have passed through their doors. This can be a very alienating feeling. When you’re detoxing, you’re in a very fragile state, and being surrounded by people who don’t seem to care can be very detrimental to your recovery.
This is why comfort is so important. When you feel comfortable, you feel that the people around you really care. They show compassion, empathy, and a general concern for your well-being. But comfort isn’t just about the quality of the staff. It’s also about the facility, grounds, and accommodations. To truly feel comfortable, you’ll need to be a in physical space that is clean, relaxing, and accommodating to your needs. This is what makes a luxury detox center.
In the section below, we’ll go into even greater detail about the kind of services and amenities that truly define a luxury detox center.
Luxury Detox Amenities
Luxury detox facilities must provide all of the standard services and amenities one would expect from a traditional detox clinic, but they are also expected to go above and beyond. When you check into luxury detox clinics, you can often find many exceptional amenities, including but not limited to:
- Personalized Care Plan - When you arrive at a luxury detox facility, you will generally be greeted by a comforting team of professionals who will analyze your needs and discuss your personal recovery goals. This will allow them to work with you to develop a care plan that is best for your unique situation.
- Private Accommodations - Privacy and discretion are extremely important when detoxing, and these features are often enhanced at a luxury facility. At a standard facility, you may have to share your living space with multiple people who are in recovery, which might make you feel uncomfortable during a very difficult time. At a luxury detox clinic, you can opt for a private room and minimal contact with others, outside of group counseling sessions and other therapeutic activities.
- Greater Personal Freedom - Checking into detox can often feel like forfeiting your rights and sense of personal freedom. At a luxury facility, you often have the ability to do more and enjoy your own “creature comforts,” as long as they do not get in the way of your recovery. For instance, some facilities may allow you to continue using your personal device (like a smartphone or computer) and even smoke cigarettes (in specific smoking areas).
- Modern Facilities - One of the definitive features of a luxury detox is a clean, modern, upscale facility. There’s nothing luxurious about a rundown medical clinic or halfway house. Instead, a luxury detox will make you feel like you’re staying at a 5-star hotel while you cleanse your body of toxic substances.
- Beautiful Grounds - In addition to excellent facilities, most luxury detox clinics also have beautiful, well-manicured grounds. Connecting with nature is often very helpful when you’re detoxing, and if you can stroll around well-kept gardens, courtyards, or walking trails, you are even more likely to gain something from the experience.
- Alternative Therapies - A traditional detox clinic will stick to the most basic services and amenities required to get you clean, like group therapy and 24/7 monitoring. At a luxury clinic, you can often enjoy alternative therapies designed to keep you as comfortable as possible, like fine dining, access to streaming services, and scheduled wellness activities.
- Ongoing Support - With some detox clinics, you feel like you’re forgotten as soon as you check out. But when you go to a high-end, luxury detox program, you can rest easy knowing that you’ll get ongoing support and aftercare resources to help you transition into rehab or everyday life.
How The Quality Of Medical Detox Affects The Results
When you enter detox, you may feel like you’ve hit rock bottom. You just want to feel good again, but getting through those first few days and weeks can be a challenge. If you enter a dreary detox facility with staff who don’t attend to your needs, it could make the situation worse. In fact, the quality of your detox clinic is one of the most important factors in determining the chances of a future relapse.
Why? Because detoxing is all about getting into the recovery mindset. If you feel comfortable, and you’re surrounded by professionals who offer you constant support and encouragement, you’re far more likely to get through your detox and be ready to stay sober. When detox is done safely and properly in a comforting environment, you are far more likely to avoid relapse and continue your treatment at an inpatient rehab clinic (like Wellbrook Recovery).
Discover The Midwest Detox Difference
At Midwest Detox, we don’t treat you like “an addict.” We really try to get to know you and understand your struggles and your goals. In doing so, we can craft a customized plan for your recovery that will dictate the kind of care you receive at our clinic. Additionally, we go above and beyond to provide you with a comfortable, private environment in which to detox in peace.
And while Midwest Detox is a luxurious place in which to recover, our services are very affordable. To help those who may not be able to pay for the detox program out-of-pocket, we offer various payment plans. Additionally, we accept most employer or private insurance plans that pay for detox services (no Medicare or Medicaid). In short, we try to offer the best possible experience so that you can start your addiction recovery out on the right foot.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Reach out to Midwest Detox at 414-409-5200 or send us a message today.